Monday, May 13, 2013

Can we do yesterday all over again?

What a wonderful Mother's Day! My mother, son, and man collaborated to make me a very special card ... it's on my bulletin board in my office already ...

And then, we had two matches remaining in our weekend soccer tournament ... we were in third place and had to play the second place team to see if we advanced to play first place or if we fell and had to compete one other team for third. I knew it could go either way.

But the weather was beautiful and the boys played hard, and that first match was a draw that went into PKs ... and we won 3/2. I get such a rush watching those games. It's time I spend truly "in the moment," which I get from yoga practice, only my practice is much harder and less exciting  : )

So we went from third place to second and had to play the first place team in the finals ... the opposing team pretty much intimidated our boys when we played them the day before. They're good; they're strong. Watch out for 91, boy. And my kid took that 91 out of the game at one point (not purposefully, just playing hard defense, like he does). At the half, we were actually up 1/nil. Then we were up 2/nil ... and I was just waiting for that clock to run out ...

Our boys united and rallied to beat a very competitive team and won the Competitive Cup -- 1st PLACE! It was a joy to watch and was truly the perfect Mother's Day ever.

Not to mention, my son's father decided to opt out of Sunday's matches -- he acted like he was doing me a favor by not coming, by "giving" me Mother's Day, and I said, "Doesn't bother me; come if you want. It's up to the boy ..." He said he and the boy had made the decision. So ok, whatever, but what's the catch?

At any rate, his not being there, really did make my day more enjoyable, spending it with my mom, my son, and my man, too. And wow -- those boys, with their giant trophy ... I LOVED it  ... their excitement, the bonding, the celebrating.

Now it's Monday ... and I just want to put yesterday on repeat.  : )

Hope all of you mothers out there had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment