Wednesday, May 21, 2014

First Bikram 60-day challenge in 2014

When I started this current 60-day Bikram challenge: I was excited, pumped, all "I got this! Whoo-hoo, bring on the challenge!"

Two weeks into the challenge: "OMG, when is this going to be over? Seriously, why did I do this? Life is busy, and this takes time, and it's really hard. I'm fatigued and sore." Also, "This is my first challenge while working full-time = bonus points."

Practice No. 30, aka half-way into the challenge: "Whoo-hoo! I'm half-way there! So glad I'm in the middle of this ride. But wait, I'm only half-way there? Where exactly is 'there?' Oh yeah, 'there' is when the challenge is over, but practice will continue since I am training for August retreat in Mexico."

And I've realized that the bigger challenge is maintaining a consistent practice, as part of an improved lifestyle, for a lifetime.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment