Monday, May 19, 2014

Insomnia-induced decisions

So this morning I had an idea. I couldn't sleep ... woke up at 2:30 a.m. unable to go back to sleep. I need a new mattress. And I did go to bed last night at an hour that could possibly insult the elderly. Regardless, I decided to take advantage of a kid-free morning and ...

... at 5 a.m. I turned on the faucet and started brushing my teeth. From the bedroom I hear boyfran mutter, "Time to get up already?" I am never up at 5 a.m. on a kid-free morning. My first conference call wasn't even until 8:30 a.m.

I started laughing, and I felt giddy and proclaimed, "I'm going to yoga. 5:30 yoga." He responded: "I'm not," which wasn't necessary to say since he's never been ever, and that made me laugh harder, and then he followed with "Fuck that. I'll still be sleeping when you get back at 7:30 a.m. But I guess you gotta go to at least one 5:30 a.m. class in order to realize you never want to do it again." He was kidding, and I was laughing at the insanity ... and the things one will go through to put a silly sticker on a 60-day challenge calendar. As my friend Tulasi says, "I just do it for the stickers."

Boyfran was supportive though and got up, slid into his jeans, and I'm all, "What are you doing? You're getting up?"

He replied, "I gotta move the truck so you can get out of the drive."

No comments:

Post a Comment