Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Not my circus ...

So my son came home from school yesterday and mentioned that his father and my father got into an argument in Ft. Worth last night. He wasn't sure what it was about since they stepped in the other room, but he gathered it was about his father not having a job still (he hasn't worked since the first week of the year). I felt bad for the boy and told him I was sorry about that. He said my father left afterward and that his own father said that Gpa wasn't being very nice to him. Really? Yeah.

Today my father tells me that he had two private conversations with my ex-husband and with his own wife Sunday, informing them that if my ex continues to live under his wife's mother's roof (are you following?), he is filing for divorce. He claims it's not a threat, but I won't believe it until he files, if he files. It's not even like this will resolve the issue though ... she isn't going to boot the squatter out.

I'm beginning to wonder if God is forcing me to start outlining a memoir here. I mean, why else does my life seem to continue to get more and more insane? Is this all content for me to compile and share with some other crazy soul out there? I have no idea. I feel pretty sorry for my son.

Oh, but also, my son's father told my dad that he's going to pursue his master's degree online so that he can enter a new career field. Really? He can't afford his half of out-of-pocket expenses for my son's needed braces, but he can afford to "go back to school." These people are delusional. And I keep reminding myself of the supposed Polish proverb: "Not my circus. Not my monkeys."

1 comment:

  1. Oh jeez. Your ex is a real ass (no surprise there) for bad-mouthing your dad like that! He wouldn't have a roof over his head if it wasn't for him (indirectly, but still).

    ReplyDelete