Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Letter of recommendation

OK, so I wrote and submitted a letter of recommendation for my Goddaughter, who has applied for the AACU 2014 Scholarship Program. Wishing her lots of luck! Amazed by her SAT score: 1450.

Yes, I'm very proud of her -- and of her mother for raising such an amazing young lady.

March 31, 2014

Dear AACU Scholarship Committee:
Please accept this as a formal letter of recommendation in support of [Goddaugher's] application for the AACU 2014 Scholarship program. I have known [Goddaughter] since she was born and was honored when her mother, a childhood and lifelong friend, asked me to be her Godmother. She is a deserving candidate whom you will be proud to have as an example of your ideal scholarship winner.

As I witnessed [Goddaughter] grow into the amazing young woman she has become, she continually impressed me with her motivation and ambition to achieve success in all areas of her life. The most important area for her now is focusing on her future at Texas Wesleyan University where she has been accepted to study pre-law and psychology.

Over the years I’ve witnessed [Goddaughter's] commitment to academic and athletic success, and her resume speaks volumes, reflecting her dedication. She is an active member of the National Honor Society, holding a 92.9 GPA, and is ranked 102 in her high school class. She has accomplished this academic excellence while also participating in extra-curricular activities, including serving as a member of the [HS] Chorus, a letter-winning member of the [HS] volleyball team, and a member of the Tejas Volleyball Club.

I am proud to provide this letter of recommendation on behalf of [Goddaughter]. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to speak with me directly regarding [her] consideration for this award. I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or via email at [email addy].

Thank you for considering
 [Goddaughter] to represent the AACU 2014 Scholarship Program.

Kind regards,

[Moi]

No comments:

Post a Comment