Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lentils

There are several indicators that I'm getting old ... one being people are dying and the other being that I get excited about new products at Costco. One of these topics is easier to write about than the other.

Yesterday was sample day at Costco, maybe every Saturday is, I don't know because my trips are always random. Like, "Hey mom, we should do something or go somewhere because it's nice out." And she asks, "Do you want to walk to the park?" And I say, "No, let's go to Costco," and she's all like, "Ok, yes!"

I don't know about you but sometimes, if I sample a product, I feel totally obligated to purchase it. I feel bad for the lady baking the pizza bites, talking to the lady pouring shots of Kirkland brand organic orange juice. "Don't pour too many, we don't have much longer. It's almost 3:30." After she says that, I no longer feel guilty and I have pizza and orange juice, then purchase the opposite brand of pizza she's pushing (it was cheaper).

But I have to say that if it wasn't for sample day, I would have totally missed out on Tasty Bite Madras Lentils. And if I missed those Madras Lentils, this post would not exist. (Why isn't someone paying me to push these products?)

Anyway, you make these things in one minute in the microwave. It's faster than raman. It's genius really. And at Costco a box of six pouches is only $10. I have already consumed one of said pounches. I had less than two minutes to make lunch, clearly.

Anyway, I guess there's an upside to sample day, beyond basically having brunch at Costco, because ... oh the discovery of those lentils!

No comments:

Post a Comment