Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Peace and Prayers!

Received from BD this evening ...

As I may have mentioned, he had a job lead, and he has secured it. In his email he provided his employer details, indicated that he had contacted the Office of the Attorney General to inform them of his new employment and to request they forward the appropriate paperwork for child support to be deducted from his payroll. Good start.

Then he drops this bomb:
"I also wanted to inform you that I have secured the legal services of [Law Office]; my attorney's name is [Jane Dick].

I believe it would be a good time to begin cooperating (as I have suggested) so that we can move forward with effective co-parenting. We can discuss this more later, as I need to get running in order to make it to [child's] sport practice.

However, I would like to point out that my attorney has informed me that you are in violation of the decree in demanding supervised visitation. It's not fair to [son], to me, to the one's having to supervise, and certainly not to you to have to feel like you need to be in absolute control of everything. Will talk soon.

Peace and Prayers!"

First, the current decree in place indicates that his access to our child is "as agreed upon and arranged by [me]." I'm not agreeing to unsupervised visitation at this point, so ... try enforcing that. Also, he is actually in violation of the decree because he is behind on court-ordered child support.

My basic response to his email was that I anticipate our attorneys will soon be in touch.

And I can't tell you how friggin sick I am of him ending all of his messages with "Peace and Prayers!"

Like most addicts in recovery he's clinging to religion, certain the Lord will make everything ok. There's a saying ... "God can give you a boat, and he can give you oars, but you have to ROW."

I am glad he's doing his part, but based on his history, I'm hopeful the court will put temporary modification orders in place that will require him to have random drug/alcohol screens and earn additional access to our child over time. He can't just show back up five years later, with no repercussions for his actions over the past decade.

Crap, maybe I do need to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment