Monday, April 8, 2013

Here again, already, Monday?

So another Monday, but a better Monday than the previous one, at least so far.

So much has happened since I last posted ... I should have posted, as things occurred, but I have been busy at work and just didn't have the energy.

BD has impressed me a bit in that he already managed to find a sober living residence his first week in town. I did some research and was amazed at the number of these houses that are in the community -- and more specifically, in my own suburban area. Also, since he spent 90 days in one of these homes while out of state, and these homes all belong to the same organization, he likely had a bit of inside help. OK, well, good for him (and even better for our mutual friend and his family, with whom BD was staying). Next step? Well, he needs to get a JOB. These residences are not free. Supposedly he has an interview today.

He's been agreeable to all of my boundaries and rules so far. I just wish he'd go away; I haven't had to deal with him much over the past five years, and I simply don't want to. But ...

I had to see him at my son's two soccer matches this weekend. He makes my skin crawl. He stresses me out.

On Friday, he hit me with some sort of amateur "official" email letter, stating he would like to pursue a modification to our existing divorce decree -- said he'd had an initial consultation with an attorney who suggested he is entitled to scheduled, unsupervised visits. If an attorney "suggested" that -- well then that attorney does not know the whole truth. I'm certain BD left out a lot of detail.

So this amateur "official" email letter sent me off and into a tailspin. I forwarded it to the attorney with whom I initially consulted prior to his arrival. I meet with that attorney today.

I know my attorney will also suggest a modification, and the terms of his visits will require drug and alcohol screens. I'm OK with that -- good with that, agree with that, that they should be required and are necessary. But I'm not good with the entire A to Z plan, with Z being he eventually earns standard visitation.

So, I'm going to see if we can demand testing for now, with out diving into the rabbit hole that pursuing a legal modification to the decree will certainly become. If he wants a modification, let him cough up a few thousand dollars for a modification -- and if that ever happens, I will retain representation. I'm not sure how my attorney will feel or advise me regarding this. But I guess I will find out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment