Wednesday, April 10, 2013

EXCLAMATION

So ... I stopped by the law office this morning to drop something off, and there's just so much information I'm trying to wrap my head around.

We're going to request to move the case to my current county of residence (which differs from the county in which the case was closed previously and in which I resided six years ago), so I thought that would take a few weeks and well, I didn't think any papers were going to be served for a couple of weeks -- after the case was transferred.

That's what I was told this morning; I kind of liked that idea.

While I was in the ladies room at work, "HolyFuckingShit," shot out of my mouth when I read the email. The words shot, like a Tourette's bullet, and I almost dropped my mobile, like the first time I fired a gun.

The email stated:
"I was incorrect in telling you that the Petition to Modify would not be filed until the case is transferred.

We are filing the Petition to Modify at the same time we file the Motion/Order to Transfer Case. Therefore, [BD] will be served this week!"

That exclamation point? That's the paralegal's exclamation point. Which MUST mean EXCLAMATION.

I think. I'm no paralegal though.

No comments:

Post a Comment