Monday, April 29, 2013

Children, homeless dogs, and Punky Brewster

I really meant to post before now. I mean, my intent is to post frequently, and it's therapeutic and blah-blah-blah ...

And then it was Friday. Sweet, darling Friday, and I was exhausted because I'm always exhausted on Fridays. And my family visits on Friday. Wait, I have family members at my house five days a week. Family members WHO DON'T LIVE there. And I'm always getting irritated because I can't find anything. Any guess as to why? Because I apparently never passed the "life" course "Establishing Healthy Boundaries," and my family members feel it's OK to move shit around without telling me. Or to remove items from my home entirely.

So feel free to come over and rob me anytime, because I'll likely think it was one of my family members who just decided that ring probably needed to be put in the jewelry box and didn't belong on the windowsill above the kitchen sink, which is where *I* left it when I was washing dishes. Kidding. I don't wash dishes. But I do wash my hands, so that's why it was there, m'k? And it'll take me forever to figure out if it was actually stolen, or if someone moved it.

So where was I? ... the point of this update ... oh, how I'm behind because I was a little exhausted Friday, and then I received an email at 5:05 (Friday) from my attorney saying the opposing attorney has issued a general response to the papers that we served 14 days prior. I was kind of impressed, I mean they had 20 days to respond, and they replied in 14 days. Thanks, Friday.

But then I wasn't impressed because I was confused. And mad. And exhausted. And I was going to have to see the ex at my kid's practice that night. The one I attended mostly to prevent a ding-bat family member from talking to him because she doesn't realize he is THE ENEMY right now. Lord, seriously, how am I going to control all of these people????

And the weekend progressed and rolled on, and I'm so sick of fighting and being on edge and being pissed off. I'm so sick of it. And of fever blisters, canker sores, upset stomachs, and insomnia ... And I'm sick of seeing my ex in my city at the kid's functions three times a week. And just when I was about to have a serious breakdown ... I decided it was time ... for our fourth foster dog this year.

Yes, we fostered our first in January, placed him in his permanent home, fostered another in February, repeat March ... and I was skipping April because of all the other crap going on in my life, and I needed a break and that last foster nearly broke my heart when I delivered him to his forever home ... but I saw one who needed a foster, and I was foster-free for like, four entire weeks, so dang it ... YES, I will foster her.

I picked her up Saturday, and I'm telling you, there ain't much cuter than my eight-year-old son walking up to the soccer field toward his father, and the players and families who had arrived just before us, with a damn six pound rescue dog in his arms. My icy heart, frozen cold for months, cracked a bit ... and for some reason, I was almost nice. I blame children combined with homeless dogs ...

So more about my delayed post ... TODAY, the subject of Punky Brewster Frye's blog came up with another writer friend, and I'm not about bashing Punky ... I have enough people in my real life to bash (some family members) ...

But when I looked at the list of "contributors" who contribute to her blog, I'm not sure she writes much of anything there. MORE THAN 30 contributors. And you're damn right I had to read each one's name to make sure it wasn't any of the female bloggers I regularly follow and respect doing work on behalf of Punky. And then that got me all discouraged like, who's gonna read my blog page when Punky's out there?

And then I realized I am here for my own sanity's sake. And to keep up with a few people I used to keep up with before, and to keep some others posted because Facebook has betrayed us all, and then I said, OK, open that window and type this shit out your BRAIN.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment