Monday, August 5, 2013

Not to stereotype Mondays ...

So my Monday started with me whacking myself in the brow bone with the dang door to let the dogs outside ... I should have known it was a sign.

On my morning conference call at work, after I said "good morning," my officemate states (while I've muted the speakerphone) that I sound really "dry."  Dry?  "Yeah, like you're not having a good Monday."

I spoke with my attorney after my call; our court date is set to take place in 10 days, and I learned that she's going to make a "motion for continuance" in order to move our court date ... the reason is because we have a third-party forensic psychologist with whom both the boy and I both met, and we want her to testify. But she's out of town the date of our trial ... so a motion for continuance it is ... and that court date (to make the motion) is THIS Friday. And then who knows what will happen, if the judge will allow us to move it, and if so, how long until we get to this *final* (?) friggin court date?

The motion for continuance makes sense; I get that. But the notion of prolonging things didn't help my mood at all.

So, mostly out of frustration, I ended up spitting venom at an innocent bystander (ex-friend?), and have likely complicated a personal social situation. Go ME!

I never made time for lunch today, so I grabbed a few cookies mid-afternoon, knowing good and well that I was to practice yoga this evening, and knowing I really *needed* to go.

At 4:15 p.m., my boss asks if I can sit in on a conference call for her ... scheduled from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. ... yoga starts at 6:30 p.m. So I took the call remotely, and I was able to make it to yoga ... and I had a horrible class ("there is no such thing as a horrible class; the only horrible class is the one you didn't attend ..." to quote somebody somewhere).

And let me just go ahead and say that fueling oneself with only cookies and Diet Coke does not good Bikram preparation make.

I sort of felt better after class ... this yoga is supposed to benefit not only me, but everyone with whom I come in contact. Maybe those I come in contact with tomorrow will notice a difference. Or maybe not.

Eff it, I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment