Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to school

OK, so "HI MONDAY!" You're the Monday before my son starts third grade. And if I didn't feel any panic about school starting last night, while JC Penney was advertising that what my child wears is the most important decision of all time, I am feeling panic today.

OK, so I'm lucky that my mother is taking him shopping this week and that they've already purchased cool shoes, trainer shoes, some shorts, some shirts and a new backpack. I should be at EASE. Even if I'm burning through money.

But then I got the text ... "Have you checked teacher assignments?" Um, crap, what? "Go to the parent portal and update your forms, and then you can view teacher assignments."  Yes, OK, thank you my dear friend who texted me ... but oh crap, I haven't updated forms? I haven't submitted my volunteer application ... and the first work email I read this morning had the subject line:  "FOR ACTION SATURDAY."

Saturday? I didn't check work email on Saturday. But that's work stuff. And I'm not panicking about work because I completed my Saturday assignment this morning, and now I'm taking my lunch hour to panic about school starting in one week.

I completed my forms; I know his teacher assignment now. She's new to the school; I dislike that. BUT his very best friend is IN his class this year, and so he's happy. And he likes his new clothes, and he's happy about those.

Does this mean I can go meditate for a quick 15 minutes and can chill the eff out now? I think so, yes.

Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment