Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dear Week,

I hate you. No really, I do, Week "Post-Vacation." Do you know why? Because I'm back in town and I'm not one damn bit happy about it.

I would rather be in Florida. I would rather be on the beach, or under a parachute high up in the sky, as long as I'm far away from my son's father and his constant texts and emails and the religious lessons he's determined to teach me. No. For real. He's compared me to the Pharaoh of Egypt, Goliath, and The Walls of Jericho (though he's promised not to "buy a trumpet and walk around [my] house seven times while blowing on it."). I couldn't MAKE THIS SHIT UP!

I was texting with my "remote therapist," best friend, who lives in DC but also happens to be an attorney by hobby (and by doctorate degree in LAW) and is actually a member of the Texas Bar Association. Yes, he's an over-achiever. But anyway, we've been trying to work out the puzzle of me for a good decade.

I texted, "I need a GOOD therapist. Not some shitty pretend one. Not a faker who says I have anorexSHA either. I need one. Because I am driving everyone I know, including myself, crazy by talking in circles.

Oh, and because [BD] questions my mental stability."

Seriously, again, after promising not to sound a trumpet while circling my home seven times? He went on to state he questions my "mental stability."  The FUCK?!

According to DC bestie, "[BD] does not *actually* question; rather he says that because he knows it distracts you. Most of what he says has little to do with belief - it's tactical."

DC also said he believes BD is "vacationing in Jesusland," as many recovered addicts are want to do, but it's a vacation, and he'll eventually have to return. Though I did point out: Some people? They live Jesusland everyday their ENTIRE LIVES. I think they're called Bible-thumpers. Nothing against them, but that just doesn't work for me. I'm a believer yes, but man has probably screwed up all scripture over the years anyway. Just my thought. If I'm going to read bad translations, why not read more Dostoevsky?

So anyway, Week? You can SUCK it. Maybe I'll be better once the weekend arrives. And to be honest, I am looking forward to spending money at my attorney office tomorrow ... I hope we can accomplish something and volley a modified proposal back to the opposing counsel.

"Marriages come and go, but divorce is forever," to quote the late Nora Ephron, as we approach the first anniversary of her death.

No comments:

Post a Comment