Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Remind me ...

... to tell you about driving T's LandCruiser 104+ miles roundtrip to deliver a dog to grant a Christmas wish* ... to tell you about my mother, who has had a virus or cold for days but who, nevertheless, managed to place a feast on our table to celebrate Christmas dinner.

Remind me to tell you about enjoying watching "Christmas Vacation" (1989) with my son for the first time ever this Christmas Eve. Remind me about how he tried to get away with saying "The Pledge of Allegiance" in place of saying grace at dinner, as the elderly aunt did in that very movie.

Remind me to be thankful for those who were with me both physically, and in my heart, this Christmas 2013.

And one day, remind me that at 38 years old, I am still very young.

*Thought I'd clarify that I drove the LandCruiser (another "first time ever") all by myself. It's significantly larger than my old Land Rover; it's a much larger and more intimidating machine than I'm used to, so I have to admit, I was a bit proud of myself for successfully maneuvering it across multiple counties and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment