Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"Nothing scares me anymore"

I wish the title of this post was true ... it's not; I simply cannot get that dang "Summertime Sadness" song out of my head lately ... my brain has it on repeat, interrupted only by damn, "Wrecking Ball."

So the judge's ruling arrived yesterday, and I've been experiencing a roller-coaster ride of emotions, which is why I've hesitated to write.

To fill you in without retyping (apologies, but I must conserve energy these days in order to take care of my own basic needs), I'm OK posting this:

No, I'm not really happy with the ruling. BD was granted extended standard possession, BUT he can't have any possession until he gets a SCRAM device, which he'll have to wear for six months ... then he has the option of switching from a SCRAM to a SoberLink for six additional months (I had to look up these devices myself, so I'm not going to attempt to define them here) ... AND he can only drive my son in a car that has a Deep lung Device (Ignition Interlock) installed, otherwise, he cannot drive my son.

The results of the SCRAM, SoberLink and/or DLD testing will be provided to me and/or my attorney. If he fails to remain sober, I can <sigh> go back to court and request a modification.

So BD is getting more possession than I really wanted him to have, but the legal system is making it pretty dang hard for him to possess my son if he's NOT sober. I guess that's the bright side.

And I'm friggin BROKE -- out of $$$ and out of energy. I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment